How Much is an Escape Room?
A cloaked figure kneels over the altar, hands raised to the sky in joyous praise. The cold meeting place hums with dark intention. A silver dagger flashes in the dim flicker of candle light. Ruby droplets of blood from the priestesses’ palm splatter against the stone. The pact is sealed. She now has a reservation for four at The Basement: A Live Escape Room Experience.
Don’t have a sacrificial pedestal handy? Too tired to muck about with all of the ritualistic chanting and gathering? There is an easier way. At The Basement, we make exploring your booking options easy. Creating room reservations is really simple: choose your room, the time, and the size of your team. All you have to do now is pay upfront to secure your spot, fill out your waiver, and you’re done! Now your adventure can begin. But if not paying in blood, how much does it cost?
Monday thru Thursday individual tickets are $35. Friday thru Sunday, those tickets are $39.
We also offer a special event once a month called Humana Festum. Tickets are $35, the same as an ordinary weekday ticket. However, you also receive two free drinks, two free tacos, and have four mini escape rooms to play! Humana Festum is a cocktail soiree dressed to the nines with immersive characters, bringing the world of Edward Tandy to life.
The Pizza Analogy
“But Anna?” I hear you say, “I went to Earnest Ernie’s Escape Emporium in my hometown and it was only $20. Why should I pay more?”
Escape Rooms are like pizza places. Typically they are small businesses, often family owned, a few chains exist, but each offer the same basic product. Most importantly though, each is completely unique and you definitely get what you pay for! Escape room prices can vary wildly, but quality will often indicate price. Now, not to say that Ernie doesn’t own a wonderful escape room, but really, what’s the difference?
The Value of Your Ticket – What it Gets You
- Here at The Basement, we have absolutely stellar staff members who are there to make your experience as smooth and memorable as possible.
- In our rooms you will find world class set design, incredible immersive environments that really transport you somewhere else entirely.
- Advanced technology blended beautifully with detailed theming provides purpose and realism to our games. Escape rooms should be more than a room full of puzzles. We stitch these elements together to tell a story in a way only we can.
- We host talented, classically trained actors that bring our terrifying characters to life.
- Each room is filled with intriguing and expertly crafted puzzles to keep you guessing from moment to moment.
Why book privately?
- Booking privately ensures an experience all to yourself, it allows you to make memories exclusively with your trusted team.
- This opens up the option to be totally organized. Plan an attack, distribute roles, play, fight, win!
- Social anxiety is real! Booking a private game ensures that you don’t have to interact with anyone new.
- Bonus: If you have a mental breakdown inside of the room, you will only embarrass yourself in front of your family!
Why book publicly?
- Booking into public games gives you an opportunity to make new friends that also love escape rooms!
- Playing with strangers at The Basement really builds the realism of your experience. If you’ve been kidnapped by a serial killer, more likely than not, you would have to work with people you don’t know.
- If you are looking to play on a budget, this option allows for all the fun at a lower cost.
Other Non-Monetary Costs
More than money or an afternoon, playing escape rooms often cost something far more precious: your sanity. If you’ve never played before, get ready to be sucked into your thrilling new hobby. It’s really easy to get hooked on the adrenaline pumping, mental acrobatics you have to pull inside an experience like this. The same way that people get into cliff diving, race car driving, or lion taming, escape rooms provide thrilling satisfaction and grand anticipation. They are a great way to test bonds, assess teams, and strengthen cooperation. But it will cost you a little stress, sweat, and maybe even a few tears. I’d be lying if I said that I haven’t cried at The Basement: A Live Escape Room Experience. Ah. Maybe that was for unrelated reasons. I won’t elaborate on that one.
Never Trust a “Free” Escape Room
Okay so we know how murderers operate. We understand killers and puzzles: the two core pillars of knowledge that keep this whole building from collapsing. If someone is offering you a free escape room and is insisting that you come alone, they are trying to kill you. If you arrive at a weird looking warehouse by yourself in the hopes of solving puzzles for fun, turn around and run as fast as you can. You are not there to play a game. You are going to be killed for real. Trust me, I’m an expert. And defo not a murderer. In all seriousness, when choosing an escape room, do your research. Learn more about how to choose the right room for you by reading this super cool blog post; you’ll love it.
Cost and Effect
The price of a ticket to one of our experiences could buy you 17.03 Beefy Nacho Grillers from Taco Bell. Instead, you could buy yourself approximately 24.5% of a day at a major theme park. Or, you could invest those dollars in about one and a half bikram yoga classes. Whatever you choose to do with your entertainment budget, we are so glad to be on your list. It’s easy to judge entertainment based on value over time, but factoring in the quality and longevity of that experience will show you it’s more than worth it.
So How Much is an Escape Room?
In summary, an escape room is just a little more than what can be purchased with your average American, Canadian, or Yugoslavian dollar. (But to be clear, we absolutely will accept payment in the form of raw gold bullion.) Whether you’re planning a birthday celebration, an engagement, a girls night, a ghouls night, a team building exercise, or literally just a Tuesday, The Basement has you covered. We pack every moment of your time with us with memorable themed entertainment you are sure to be talking about for years to come. We can’t wait to kidnap you and drag you here against your will! See you soon!